& Jill Singer
Saunders & Company
Licensed Real Estate Broker
This page has a goal: to help calm last minute anxieties.
- Send notifications of address changes so your lives continue to run smoothly:
- The Post Office will need a forwarding address.
- Charge accounts and credit cards need to be changed.
- Subscription companies prefer several weeks of lead time.
- Friends and relatives would like your new address.
- Transfer bank funds and establish new checking accounts.
- Auto, theft, liability, health, homeowner’s Insurance Policies have to have the new address.
- Arrangements should be made with the Utility Companies for the new home: electricity, water, gas, telephone, cable. Close previous accounts and get deposit refunds.
- Notify home delivery people: paper boy, dry cleaner, and other services.
- Get copies of records: school, medical, xrays, dental, eyeglasses for the family and medical records for your pets.
- Clean rugs before wrapping them to move.
- Ask your movers about insurance coverage, shipping papers, methods and time of arrival and payment.
- Defrost refrigerator and freezer.
- Plan for special needs of infants, pets, the infirm.
The Big Day
- Empty home safes and hiding places.
- Double check closets, drawers and shelves.
- Carry jewelry, documents and money or travelers checks.
- Leave all keys for the new owners with your Realtor or attorney.
- Request someone close to be your liason on the move and to accept messages.
Audrey & Jill Singer Wishes You a Happy, Safe Move and Joy in Your New Abode.